Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PURRRRFECT!

I know I said the next time I posted I would talk about the DROP, but I couldn't resist this post.

This is Peridot. She is my brother Sam's cat.
Notice anything about her belly?



It's filthy! Something HAS to be done about this.

But, as all people know, cats hate baths.

This will be interesting.

It's a team effort.


She is just like any ordinary cat - she HATES this!

I'm loving it though!

The Martha Stewart in me MUST make her clean and fluffy.



All over. Doesn't that feel so much better, Peridot?


Mom's hand suffered some abuse though...

See? All clean....

All fluffy and clean. The Martha Stewart in me is very satisfied!

PURRRRFECT!

8 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

And she smells so much better as well!

Glad we could satisfy the Martha in you sweetie....

it's a good thing.

Love,
Mom

Eleanor said...

I appreciate the bath too, since she sits on my desk, book, & whatever project I'm doing. Is she just lazy, or is her long fur just too much for her. Maybe she needs to go to the groomers to get a hair cut too. Her mother (Diamond) didn't seem to do a good job of teaching her to keep clean. Now, her other children, (Ruby & Opal) do better, but then they have short fur. (I wouldn't want to lick all that long fur with my tongue either - lol)

Kathy said...

I have done many cat baths. You're right, they hate it. I have found that the easiest way to do it is to hold their two front legs together. Then they can't try to jump out and you are less likely to get scratched. Maybe she will decide to do it herself now.
Aunt Kathy

Laurie and company said...

Ohhh, I bet she feels so much better.
I'm glad your inner Martha needs were met!!
very cute post!
sorry about your momma's hand! youch!

Morgan said...

Hi your cats are so cute. Speaking of which when are you going to post those pics from when I was at your house? I had so much fun. Well hope to talk to you soon in Cyber Space.

Carol Michel said...

A clean cat is a happy cat, well at least she is happy once she is all dry again.

Aunt Carol

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Sophie,

I'm so glad you are brave enough to give Peridot a bath. Mom gets scratches too often.

Love,
Seff

Jill and Crew said...

Tough work huh....
Well have fun!

LIsh