Sunday, February 17, 2008

Muncie's Day




This is my dog Muncie. She has a very interesting past, but that's another post. Today I'm going to tell you about Muncie's day-to-day life.

At night she sleeps with my mom and dad, but that is only because she can't get on to my bed, I'm sure. She sleeps with a stuffed animal in her mouth.

When she wakes up, the first thing she does is to come and make sure I am OK. Then she goes around the house making sure that nothing is out of place and then she is off to make sure for the rest of the day that none of the other animals put a tail out of line.

While I do school, I hold her in one arm like a baby wrapped up in a blanket, while I write with my free hand. She is always on guard to make sure my teacher is not unfair! (But that rarely happens, right Mom?)

If my friends come over, she has to go to my mom and dad's room because she doesn't like the smell of pets on other people. Most of my friends have pets.

At dinner she comes and begs for food.

I always make sure and give her a piece or two or three....

After dinner while my mom reads to us she comes and cuddles up with me and makes sure that I am protected. Then she goes and finds one of her many stuffed animals and settles down for the night fullfilling one of her duties of footwarmer to my dad

6 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Muncie is a great protector, isn't she? Didn't you once say that you wanted 50 dogs just like her when you grow up?

Carol, Your Favorite Gardening Aunt

Princess of Painting said...

Muncie is a good dog!

Eleanor said...

Sophie, you forgot one of her daily chores. She comes into my room to get fed the good wet food she doesn'g get all the time

Hannah-Indiana said...

Aww...isn't that cute?! For as long as I can remember you guys always had Muncie! It's too bad I don't get to see her as often as I wish! Have a good one, Sophie!

Unknown said...

Sophie, you left out the best part about Muncie--how she shows she likes you! If she likes you, she pees! Give Muncie an ear scratch for me!

Jill and Crew said...

I love you soooooooooooo
much!
I'm talking to you and the dog.

lish